Film Calendar Listings
For the Week beginning March 23
Please Take Note:
Email calendar listings to email@example.com or mail to The Free Press Calendar, 8 North Main St., Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841 or FAX to 596-6698 by noon the Friday before the Thursday publication date. Please include your name, address and phone number.
THURSDAY, MARCH 23:
- Royal Shakespeare Company: The Tempest, 2 p.m., Lincoln Theater, Damariscotta.
- “Eat That Question – Frank Zappa in His Own Words,” 6:30 p.m. Thursday Film Series at Rockland Public Library.
FRIDAY, MARCH 24 – THURSDAY, MARCH 30:
- COLONIAL THEATRE, Belfast. “Beauty and the Beast,” “Kong: Skill Island,” “Get Out.” Subtitles on most Sunday movies.
- FLAGSHIP CINEMAS, Thomaston. FMI: FlagshipCinemas.com, 594-2100.
- HARBOR THEATRE, Boothbay Harbor: “Beauty & the Beast.” FMI: harbortheatre.net, 633-0438.
- LINCOLN THEATER, Damariscotta: “La La Land.” FMI: AtTheLincoln.org, 563-3424.
- STRAND THEATRE, Rockland: “A United Kingdom.”
FRIDAY, MARCH 24:
- “Defying the Nazis: The Sharps’ War,” 6:30 p.m., First Universalist Church in Rockland. The Ken Burns film is screened for free. Donations taken.
- “The Producers,” 7 p.m., Friday Night Flix at Belfast Free Library. Free.
SATURDAY, MARCH 25:
- Stories to Screen Series: “Lassie Come Home,” Lincoln Theater, Damar-iscotta. Book talk at 9:30 p.m. Copies available at Skidompha Public Library. Free film screening at 10 a.m. You don’t have to have read the book to see the film.
- Metropolitan Opera Live: Mozart’s Idomeneo, 1 p.m. at Strand Theatre in Rockland and Lincoln Theater in Damariscotta. Encore at the Strand on Tuesday, April 4, at 1 p.m.
- “Hacksaw Ridge” at Vose Library in Union, 1 p.m. Donations help cover the licensing fee.
SUNDAY, MARCH 26:
- “Embrace” and “MopCap: An Alopecia Story,” 4:30 p.m., Colonial Theatre, Belfast. BelFem screens “Embrace,” on women’s body images, and “Mopcap,” Nicolle Littrell’s film-in-the-making. She and co-producer Ann Rousseau will take part in a Q&A.
MONDAY, MARCH 27:
- “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” 1 p.m., Teatime Movie at Vose Library, Union. Donations help cover the licensing fee.
TUESDAY, MARCH 28:
- “Wayne’s World,” 7 p.m., Colonial Theatre, Belfast. Shown on its 25th anniversary as a fundraiser for Our Town Belfast.
THURSDAY, MARCH 30:
- “I, Claude Monet,” 7 p.m., Lincoln Theater, Damariscotta. Documentary filmed in Europe at locations where the father of Impressionism made some of his world-famous paintings. $15/$13 LT members/$5 under 19.
- “1984” Screening & Conversation at Lincoln Theater, Damariscotta, Tuesday, April 4, 7 p.m. The British film version of Orwell’s dystopian tale starring the late John Hurt is screened, followed by an audience discussion.