Food Calendar Listing
For the Week beginning April 20
Please Take Note:
Email calendar listings to email@example.com or mail to The Free Press Calendar, 8 North Main St., Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841 or FAX to 596-6698 by noon the Friday before the Thursday publication date. Please include your name, address and phone number.
- Organic Plots Available from Damariscotta River Association, at its Community Garden on Belvedere Road. $25. Reservations: damarsicottariver.org.
THURSDAY, APRIL 20:
- Dairy Sanitation Workshop, for cheesemakers and small-scale farmers, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at UMaine Extension Penobscot County in Bangor. $80, plus $20 per additional team member. Register by April 14: extension.umaine.edu.
- Medomak Arts’ Third Thursday Potluck, 6-8 p.m. at The Green Door, Route 220 South, Waldoboro. Live folk by the Rusty Hinges. FMI: 832-4774 or medomakarts.org.
FRIDAY, APRIL 21:
- Fish Chowder Supper in Searsport, 5 p.m. at First Congregational Church in Searsport. $7 adults/$4 kids raises funds for Searsport Congregational-Methodist Food Cupboard.
SATURDAY, APRIL 22:
- Community Pancake Breakfast in Rockland, at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 11 White Street, from 9-11 a.m. Chef Kerry Altiero of Cafe Miranda cooks to raise funds for Mid-Coast Recovery Coalition. $10 at the door.
- Free Public Supper at Aldersgate United Methodist Church, across from Lake Chickawaukie, at 5 p.m. It kicks off the church’s 2017 public supper season.
- Bean Supper at Odd Fellows Hall in Tenants Harbor, 5 p.m. Ham and hot dogs. $10 adults/$5 kids. FMI: 372-8543.
- Empty Bowl Supper at United Farmers Market of Belfast, 6 p.m. at the 18 Spring Street market. Choose from bowls donated by Maine potters and enjoy soup, bread donated by Back 40 Bakehouse, homemade desserts, and music by Shawn and Maizey Mercer. Proceeds support the MOFGA-El Salvador Sistering Committee. $15 per person/$35 family cap.
MONDAY, APRIL 24:
- Weeklong Meat-Cutting School in Gardiner, Monday-Friday, April 24-28, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. UMaine Cooperative Extension holds it at Central Maine Meats. $400. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org or 581-2788.
TUESDAY, APRIL 25:
- Midcoast Chorus Community Fundraiser at Flatbread Company, Rockport. A portion of every pizza sold from 5-9 p.m. (eat-in or take-out) goes to the non-auditioned community chorus. FMI: mccsings.org, 975-0582.
- Bremen Union Church Holds Final Free Community Meal This Season, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Hot casseroles, salads, homemade bread, ice cream sundaes. Hymn sing 6:30 p.m. Donations taken. Homebound delivery: 832-1283.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26:
- Final Free Demo & Discussion of Maine-Made Whiskey, in the April series at Sweetgrass Farm Winery & Distillery in Union from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Distiller Keith Bodine shares his know-how on barrel selection & aging. Free. No need to RSVP.
- Potluck at People’s United Methodist Church in South Thomaston, 5:30 p.m. Casseroles, salads, baked beans, yeast rolls, pies. $8 adults/$4 under 13.
- Green Cone Composting Demo at Belfast Free Library, 6-7:30 p.m. Learn how this system composts “icky” kitchen waste including meat, dairy and bones without odor or mixing.
THURSDAY, APRIL 27:
- Soup Cafe in Lincolnville, at the Community Building in the town center, from noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays.
- “Hot Off the Grill!” at Nobleboro Central School, 5:30-8 p.m. Stonewall Kitchen cooking instructor Chef Chris Toy leads the class to make a mixed grill of teriyaki chicken, cedar planked maple salmon and pepper rib eye steak with a side of roasted veggies. $39. Sign-up: clc.maineadulted.org, 563-2811.
- Wild Edibles Foraging Workshop at Merryspring Nature Center, Camden, on Saturday, April 29, 10 a.m.-noon. Expert Tom Seymour teaches beginners how to ID edibles and then prepare them. Indoor talk & outdoor walk. $10/$5 MNC members. You must register: 236-2239 or email@example.com.
- Old Fashioned Ham & Bean Supper at Owls Head Community Center, on Saturday, April 29, 5:30-7 p.m. The benefit supper raises funds for Owls Head Conservation Commission and Georges River Land Trust’s Plaisted Preserve. $10 adults/$8 seniors/$5 under 12.
- Belfast Lions Club Annual Spring Breakfast, Sunday, April 30, 7:30-10:30 a.m. at the Waldo County Shrine Club on Northport Avenue, Belfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, crepes, omelets, baked beans, home fries, breads, coffee, juice. $8 adults/$3 kids.
- Public Family Dinner and Music by Jud Caswell in Damariscotta, Sunday, April 30, Community Room at Mobius, 319 Main Street. Dinner at 5:30 p.m. with garden salad, rigatoni with marinara sauce, side of meatballs, desserts. Music by the Brunswick musician at 6:30 p.m. $15 adults/$5 students/free under 12. Reservations: uumidcoast.org.