Music Calendar Listings
For the Week beginning February 16
Please Take Note:
Email calendar listings to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Free Press Calendar, 8 North Main St., Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841 or FAX to 596-6698 by noon the Friday before the Thursday publication date. Please include your name, address and phone number.
- St. Cecilia Chamber Choir, based in Newcastle, is auditioning singers for May performances of Duruflé’s Requiem. FMI: 380-2768 or email@example.com.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16:
- Cello Concert at Rockland Public Library, 6:30 p.m. Robin Lane performs classical, jazz and contemporary pieces.
- BoomBox at Port City Music Hall, Portland, 9 p.m. 18+. $15 advance/$18 show day: portcitymusichall.com.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17:
- Lake Street Dive at Portland’s State Theatre, SOLD OUT.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18:
- Winter Gospel Sing in Waldoboro, from 1-4 p.m. at North Waldoboro Church of the Nazarene, Route 220 and Old Augusta Road. Music by Heaven’s Blend, Echoes of Faith and special guests. A free-will offering will be taken.
- Battle of the Bands in Brewer, Jeff’s Catering. Doors open 5 p.m. Music from 6 p.m.-midnight. All-ages show featuring Fifth Freedom, Adonis Rising, My Tempered Soul, Right Out Straight. $25 adults/$40 per couple at the door. Buy at redknightsme9.com to save.
- Mike Whitehead Group at Rock City Cafe, Rockland, 5-7 p.m. Whitehead, Tom Luther, Jason Dean and Spike Hyssong blend funk, rock and folk.
- Primo Cubano at Opera House at Boothbay Harbor, 7:30 p.m. Danceable Cuban rhythms. $10 advance/$15 door: 633-5159 or boothbayoperahouse.com.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19:
- Olga Vocal Ensemble to Perform in Orono, 3 p.m., Minsky Recital Hall, UMaine. Five a cappella singers who approach traditional music in innovative, humorous ways. A post-concert reception with the singers at Miller’s Café in the Collins Center for the Arts follows. $35 adults/$10 students. FMI: 581-1755 or collinscenterforthearts.com.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20:
- Midcoast Community Chorus Call for Singers, at all levels of ability, age 13 and up. Register for the non-auditioned chorus from 5-6:15 p.m. at the first two rehearsals on Mondays, Feb. 20 & 27, at First Congregational Church in Camden. $80 semester fee covers cost of music and rehearsal space. MCC’s Spring Concert will be held Saturday, June 17, at Strom Auditorium to benefit Meals on Wheels.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22:
- The Gaslamp Killer with Trackstar the DJ, Port City Music Hall, Portland. Doors 9 p.m. Show 10 p.m. $18 advance/$22 show day. All ages. FMI: portcitymusichall.com. With a Run the Jewels State Theatre After-Party.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23:
- Blues Singer & Guitarist Matt Andersen in Rockland, Strand Theatre, 7:30 p.m. $15 advance/$18 show day. FMI: rocklandstrand.com, 594-0070.
- Maine State Music Theatre to Hold Auditions, Brunswick, Saturday, Feb. 25. Children needed for The Who’s Tommy performed July 31. Adults needed for Guys and Dolls, Grease and Disney’s Newsies, all with summer runs. Details: msmt.org or 725-8769.
- Music@Dusk Concert: Peter and Will Anderson, Saturday, Feb. 25, 6 p.m. at Union Hall in Rockport. The virtuosos of clarinet and saxophone will be joined by guitarist Alex Wintz. $30 adults/$10 under 25. $100 for all four in the series. FMI: baychamberconcerts.org.
- Double Bill: The Sweetback Sisters and Girls Guns & Glory in Rockland, Strand Theatre, Wednesday, March 1, 7:30 p.m. $20 advance/$25 show day. FMI: rocklandstrand.com, 594-0070.
- “Dodson Fest” at Camden Public Library, siblings David Dodson and Anne Dodson perform a concert on Thursday, March 2, from 7-9 p.m.. Their art exhibit in the Picker Room gallery hangs all month.
- Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy at Rockland’s Strand Theatre, Wednesday, March 8, 7:30 p.m. The duo performs “Visions of Cape Breton and Beyond: A Celtic Family Celebration.” $55 advance/$60 show day: 594-0070, rocklandstrand.com.
- Kris Kristofferson at Portland’s State Theatre, Thursday, May 4. FMI: statetheatreportland.com, 800-745-3000.
- Indie Group The xx at Thompson’s Point in Portland, Friday, May 26. FMI: statetheatreportland.com, 800-745-3000.
- Sunday Jams at Rockland’s Sail, Power & Steam Museum, 1:30-4 p.m. FMI: SailPowerSteamMuseum.org.
- Tuesday Jams at the Thomaston Federated Church, 7-9 p.m. Country, bluegrass, old-time. Listeners welcome.
- Free First Friday Music Classes, 6:30-8 p.m., and Second Sunday Hymn Sings, 4-5 p.m., at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Rockland. Both through June.
- Songwriter Sessions at Camden Public Library, 6-8 p.m. third Tuesdays. All levels welcome. FMI: 236-3440.
- Third Friday Open Mics at Boothbay Harbor Opera House, 7 p.m. all winter. 6:30 p.m. sign-up.